Palmerston North Winter Festival - George Street Festival
Friday 30 June
The city’s most vibrant street and Coleman Mall is pedestrian-only for this two-day festival. George Street will be straddled with marquees so you can socialise, enjoy live music, local food, drinks and hands-on winter-themed activities.
The main stage is going to rock with awesome live music throughout the day. Check out the line-up of other activities and entertainment on offer for all ages.
Enjoy the food trucks serving tasty food from 4pm each day. If you prefer to sit and eat, George Street is a culinary haven with amazing, cafes and licensed restaurants - you'll be spoilt for choice.
Thursday 29 June
- 11:20 - 12:25 - Hayden Lauridsen Quintet
- 12:35 - 1:35 - The Cohibas
Also happening: Topp Twins activities at 50 George Street
Street performers and the installation of a tape-art installation - 'Labyrinth'
Afternoon Family Entertainment - 4 - 6pm:
- Make snowflakes, snowmaking and rugby finger-puppets
- Community Arts activities at 50 George Street
- Make your own winter scarf at the Library
- Tape art 'Labyrinth' ready for action
Food trucks open at 4pm - trading till 9pm.
Youth Space 4 - 7pm
- Photo booth and fun rugby challenge
- Giant games on the street
- Circus games - plus plenty more hopping inside.
- 4:30 - 5pm - Carson Taare
- 5pm- 5:30 - Daniel Webster
- 5:30 - 6:30 - Watch Ice carver create a dolphin
- 5:45 - 6:15 - Brazilian Samba drummers roaming the street
- 7pm - 9:30 - Art light projections on the Library steps
- 6:30 - 7:30 - Truly Made
- 7:30 - 7:50 - Fire Show
- 7:50 - 9:30 - Brendon Thomas and The Vibes
Also - street performers and Tape-Art 'Labryrinth'
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Cool Bossa
- 12:30 - 12:30 - Adam Lee
George St tape art 'Labyrinth' by Tape-Art continues
Community arts activities at 50 George Street
Afternoon Family Entertainment:
- 4pm - 4:30 - Kiwi Bop
- 4:30 - 5pm - Samir Loumachi
- 4:30 - 5:30 - Watch ice carver create a rugby ball and fern
Activities - Snowflake making, snowmaking, rugby finger puppets and magical street performers
Youth Space - 4 - 7pm
Photo booth, fun rugby challenges, giant games and more.
Circus games in the marquee.
Food trucks - 4pm - 9:30pm Open for service in Coleman Mall
- 5:15 - 6:15 - Andy Anderson
- 6:30 - 7:30 - NZ Army Band
- 7:30 - 8pm - Brazilian Samba drummers
- 8 - 9:30pm - The Frank Burkitt Band
Plus: Village Night Market. street performers and other activities.
Other Winter Festival events:
Wednesday 28 June -2:45pm Experience some great New Zealand rugby rivalry between the Royal New Zealand Air Force and the New Zealand Army at Central Energy Trust Arena.
Thursday 29 June: World Record Attempt - World's Largest Scrum - at PNBHS rugby field from 12pm. Scrum takes place at 1:30pm
Friday 30 June - The British and Irish Male Lions Choir is performing at the Palmerston North Conference & Function Centre (at the end of George Street) from 2 - 3:30pm (Tickets $10 from Ticket Direct). *Fees apply.
Friday 30 June - 6pm - 10pm catch the Village Night Market in action, with stalls of crafts, artisan products and more taking over the Central Library and spilling out onto George Street.
Proudly supported by: Palmerston North City Council and Lion Foundation
Palmerston North Winter Festival, Palmerston North
Thur 29 Jun 11:30am - 9:30pm
Fri 30 Jun 11:30am - 9:30pm